The A-line button thru skirt, along with flares, has become one of the main trends this year that has taken cues from the 70s. While flares don’t work so well on my short legs, the skirt is one that I’ve lusted after for a while and finally purchased on eBay. I can’t wait to wear it as an alternative to my denim shorts for summer. (But can we address my denim obsession? No? In another post perhaps?)
Here are some ways I’m thinking off rocking this trend for the warmer temps:
1. With a striped shirt (but bear in mind I would wear a striped shirt wit a potato sack):
2. With a basic tee: can’t go wrong with a white t-shirt.
3. With something lace or embroidered: I’m thinking this lovely broderie embroidered top from Country Road. Lace and embroidery will feature heavily this summer so why not combine the two trends?
via country road
4. With a graphic tee: I’ll be purchasing this Adidas Originals trefoil t-shirt soon and with a nod to the athleisure trend will probably pair the skirt and tee together with my Puma baskets that I am (im)patiently waiting on.
via ezzentric blog
5. With a printed tank: I’ll tuck my black and white spot print tank in and pair it with a black leather belt and black Birkenstocks for a fun and comfy look.
6. With a lace-up blouse: I’m eyeing this one from Glassons. It completes the whole 70s vibe of the skirt.
While I bought my skirt from eBay, here are some of my favourites from my intensive research on button through skirts (the things you do when you’re up at 2am rocking the baby back to sleep):
What do you think of this trend? How would you wear it?