One of the things I enjoy about going back to work is not only the ability to have adult conversation, but as I work in the CBD I also get to do some people watching and get inspiration from the stylish ladies that work in the vicinity.
But there’s something about the crispness, the freshness of the white blazer that is really speaking to me. And as I’ve been in the throes of planning and prepping my winter capsule wardrobe (which I’m thinking about starting early as I’m getting so damn cold), one of the items I’m seriously considering is said white blazer.
Come winter I think the white blazer will make a strong statement piece against the usual monochromatic colours that often appear in this gloomy weather. It just makes everything in an outfit pop.
Loving this white blazer with the double denim combo. It makes the Canadian tuxedo look that little bit dressier.
Here’s another example of how the white blazer makes an otherwise casual graphic tee and jeans combo look sharper. The addition of that gorgeous handbag and statement necklace helps too.
I’ve recently added a pair of polka dot pants to my winter capsule and I can’t wait to bust them out. Pairing them with a white blazer and a splash of bright colour with the blouse would be a fun outfit for work or weekend outings.
Another work outfit possibility, with a simple black dress or black blouse and pencil skirt combination. The white blazer brightens up the look.
Perfect for casual Fridays, a simple tee and jean outfit is instantly lifted with the addition of the white blazer (the coffee is an essential any time of the day).
What do you think, should I add a white blazer to my capsule wardrobe? I do think it’s one of those pieces that transcends trends and seasons so I’m leaning towards yes, but I’d love to hear your thoughts and other ways you’d style it too!
I’m also super excited to have been included in the Independent Fashion Bloggers’ Links A La Mode list for this week! Thanks for the feature guys! Check out the list below, and be sure to visit the other fab bloggers too!
Links à la Mode, May 12
- 5 Feet of Style: DIY | Raw Uneven Hem Jeans
- Awomkenneth: What I Wore | Monochrome Tunic
- Elements of Ellis: Black Side Slit Top
- Global Garbs: Five Australian Bloggers to Follow NOW!
- Grazielle Camilleri: Happy Mother’s Day to All Mums
- I’m a Norbyah: Ode to Working Mums
- Love.Laugh.Explore: Dressing for a Spring Wedding
- Lucy Van Dean: Chapter 5 | 5 Lessons I Learned After 1 Year of Blogging
- Mox and Socks: Outfit | Jump!
- Ms. FABulous: Secrets of The Good Wife’s Costume Department
- MsYolee: The Great Birkenstocks Debate
- Outfit Zest: Embracing Femininity
- Quantrelle Georgiana: The Symbolism of Choker Necklaces
- Rain of Peonies: Daydreaming
- Ri(t)ch Styles: Hair Stories with Reto Camichel | Sebastian International Artist
- Style Sprinter: The Ultimate Guide to Blogger Linkups
- The Sugar Ribbon: How to Mix Prints and Patterns | Link-Up Co-Host
- When the Girls Rule: When You Want to Ditch the Third Piece
- Wings for Liberty: How to Look Hot at the Gym
- Wish and Wear: Behind the Scenes with NaughtiPidgins Nest
Featured image of Carine Roitfield via Lauren Messiah. All other images via Pinterest.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and/or Facebook for my daily style outfits as part of my #capsulewardrobechallenge! You can also follow me on Pinterest, add me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe to my weekly newsletter.