Almost every mum/mom out there will have a “mumiform” or “momiform” – their go-to outfit when they’re short of time or can’t be bothered thinking about what they’re going to wear. Having a momiform makes dressing for the day a lot easier (especially when you’ve had 2-3 hours of sleep and choosing coordinates is the last thing on your mind).
My typical mumiform consists of:
- Denim – either as shorts or jeans. Very easy care and easy to move around when you’re chasing after kids.
- T-shirt – usually in a dark colour to mask any food/random stains. Usually cotton, always wear-then-throw-in-the-wash. Short sleeves in summer, long in winter.
- Sneakers – the best option for comfort and when junior escapes the confines of play areas.
- A hat – essential to cover up bad hair days/unwashed hair days (I guess they’re the same thing, right?)
- Crossbody bag – great for keeping hands free when you’re toting an infant in one arm and pushing toddler in a pram with the other.
With the weather in Sydney still being fairly mild, I took the opportunity to pull out my shorts for one last time before it started getting too cold to wear them. I’m already pulling out long john type pyjamas as it’s getting nippy at night.
I bought this black Metalicus tee before kiddo #2 and it’s been a staple both during pregnancy and after birth. The fabric is stretchy and accommodated the growing bump, but it always snapped back into shape after a wash so it didn’t really get too misshapen while I was pregnant (as a lot of cheaper t-shirts do). I do find Metalicus to be an excellent brand for staples for this reason (this isn’t sponsored by Metalicus, I just love the brand).
The leopard sneakers have replaced the silver sneakers in my autumn capsule as the latter was too small for me. I had bought them on a whim while I was overseas (why is it that we do that? Holiday mode?) and of course couldn’t return them as I was already home when I realised they wouldn’t fit me. I love these sneakers – I’ve lusted after the Adidas Stan Smith versions for a long time and when Witchery came out with their own version I was onto it like a fly on a cake. They make a great statement when the rest of your outfit is pretty basic/minimal.
What’s your momiform?
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and/or Facebook for my daily style outfits as part of my #capsulewardrobechallenge! You can also follow me on Pinterest, add me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe to my weekly newsletter.