For those of you still in the throes of winter (and for those of you whose summer is tailing off), I’ve put together some essentials for winter dressing.
Tag - shopping
In this blog post I’m sharing some tips on how to spot fake designer clothing, based on my experience buying them second hand!
So you want to buy a designer item because of its longevity and quality. BUT you can’t afford the retail price, which is understandable. You might then look at getting a second hand one instead, and might check out eBay. When shopping for luxury or designer items second hand, how do you know if what you’re buying is legit?
In today’s post I’ll be talking about the best jeans for moms/mums, from high street through to high end!
For quite a few years now I’ve done a fair bit of selling and buying on eBay (a lot more buying than selling, I have to admit :)) and I wanted to share what I’ve learnt from my experiences so far (as well as the excellent buys I’ve bought recently).
Recently I looked back at my outfit posts on the blog and Instagram and realised there was something missing from my wardrobe: a black dress. Continue reading
So I lost my prescription sunglasses a couple of weeks ago, which was a bit annoying because 1. if I’m not wearing them in sunlight there’s a hell of a lot of squint factor due to bad eyesight and glare (not so good for the old wrinkles); and 2. other than a pair of cheapy mirrored glasses that I bought on holiday in the Philippines they’re the only sunnies I had.
The humidity in Sydney has got me pining for colder weather and I’m itching to pull out my knits and coats as any cool change in the temperature would mean some relief to this heat!
The A-line button thru skirt, along with flares, has become one of the main trends this year that has taken cues from the 70s. While flares don’t work so well on my short legs, the skirt is one that I’ve lusted after for a while and finally purchased on eBay. I can’t wait to wear it as an alternative to my denim shorts for summer. (But can we address my denim obsession? No? In another post perhaps?)
Here are some ways I’m thinking off rocking this trend for the warmer temps:
1. With a striped shirt (but bear in mind I would wear a striped shirt wit a potato sack):
2. With a basic tee: can’t go wrong with a white t-shirt.
3. With something lace or embroidered: I’m thinking this lovely broderie embroidered top from Country Road. Lace and embroidery will feature heavily this summer so why not combine the two trends?
via country road
4. With a graphic tee: I’ll be purchasing this Adidas Originals trefoil t-shirt soon and with a nod to the athleisure trend will probably pair the skirt and tee together with my Puma baskets that I am (im)patiently waiting on.
via ezzentric blog
5. With a printed tank: I’ll tuck my black and white spot print tank in and pair it with a black leather belt and black Birkenstocks for a fun and comfy look.
6. With a lace-up blouse: I’m eyeing this one from Glassons. It completes the whole 70s vibe of the skirt.
While I bought my skirt from eBay, here are some of my favourites from my intensive research on button through skirts (the things you do when you’re up at 2am rocking the baby back to sleep):
What do you think of this trend? How would you wear it?