Some easy ways to have a fuss-free make-up routine that’s also cruelty free!
For too many women (and a growing number of men!), taking the time to apply makeup is just a part of their daily routine. Makeup can help people feel more confident as they head out for the day, but it doesn’t need to take too long, especially if you’re a busy parent!
In addition, your make-up routine certainly doesn’t have to include using products that involve animal cruelty. I try to buy cruelty free as much as possible – indeed, as many as 36% of women buy only from brands that don’t test on animals. The products in this quick make-up routine are great for any occasion, and they are completely cruelty-free. Here are some great products that you can use every day.
- Bare Minerals Original Foundation: this is one of my favourite brands when I have the budget. It provides natural-looking coverage and SPF 15, and as well as being an award-winning loose powder foundation. There are 30 shades available, and you can find a detailed review here to learn more about this exceptional foundation.
- &Other Stories concealer: a creamy formulation offering medium, buildable coverage that conceals dark circles in a second. It also helps combat redness around the nose and any pesky blemishes that appear.
- Glossier Cloud Paint blusher: once you get the hang of this product, you’ll find it’s effective and comfortable to wear, and can easily be patted onto the cheeks.
- HEMA Cosmetics Single eyeshadow: give a quick wash over the lids and you’ll find it’s extra smooth to apply and really goes the distance.
- Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL: a little wet to work with, but once applied it’s really resistant to smudging. If you’re after volume in your lashes, this really does the trick, but it’s not so much for lengthening.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer from Adore Beauty: my favourite brand of lip gloss. It’s made from natural ingredients and really helps to moisturise and highlight your lips, and there are plenty of beautiful shades to choose from.
- Dermalogica Make Up Remover: at the end of your day, you need a good make up remover that you can rely on and which is as cruelty-free as the rest of the products in your makeup routine. This is a highly rated one, and another product you can get from Adore Beauty.
In addition to using cruelty-free products, you can save time and effort by multi-tasking with them. Consider for example dabbing some lipstick in place of a cream blush, or a tiny amount of paw paw ointment instead of eyebrow gel.
A quick search for cruelty-free cosmetic products will show you that there many, many products to choose from. Animal testing is one of the least ethical parts of the cosmetics industry, and there have been calls for it to be stopped for decades. You can support this by boycotting brands that perpetuate animal testing and choosing to focus on brand’s that offer the more ethical and kinder alternative of products that are never tested on animals. You’ll find some great options, and may not only make a difference to your daily makeup routine but to animal testing too.
This post was written in collaboration and contains affiliate links.