Sorry that blogging has taken a back seat the last few months! Quite a few life changes have happened.
The tribe and I have been in our new house for almost 3 months now, and I absolutely love it. It’s close to the kids’ school, it’s in a beautiful neighborhood, and has all the amenities we need within a quick drive.
It being a lovely house though, I have been in serious nesting mode and have tried to keep the house in pristine condition. This is of course impossible with 3 young children, and I’ve kind of resorted to the fact that it won’t be as clean as it was when we first moved in, but even just keeping it looking mildly presentable is a job all on its own.
Is it just me or do I feel like I’m busier here in Perth than I was in Sydney? I feel like I can barely keep on top of all the things I need to do on a day-to-day basis. And this is me being a stay at home mum and not even working. I can’t get my head around how working mums can do their work both out of the home and within it. I salute those working mums who have their s*** together because I can’t seem to do it.
Speaking of being a stay at home mum, this is where I’m at right now. While I am looking for work here, it’s not easy finding the work I used to do back in Sydney, and I’m happy to do something different. However, it’s also difficult finding work that I am suitably experienced in AND that works around school hours. Add the fact that I still have a 13 month old at home who I haven’t enrolled in day care yet as I don’t know what work is out there… it’s a bit chicken-and-egg.
Suffice it to say that even though on a macro level everything is going really well, I’m in a bit of a funk in my personal situation. Not really being in the same situation income-wise as I was in Sydney, getting used to reduced income and seemingly more responsibilities being a SAHM, trying to keep the household running AND clean at the same time is kind of affecting my groove. I guess stepping back a bit it’s really only been 5 months since we moved, so these things take time to settle down and for me to adjust to this new life.
Enough of the woe-is-me… just a few details about this outfit which consists of entirely preloved items:
- I finally got my hands on a second hand Acne Raya cardigan (authentic, unlike this one) and you can absolutely tell the difference between fake and real. For one, it’s not ridiculously itchy. It’s a gorgeous forest green colour and so snuggly. Yes it’s a bit pricier than your regular cardigan, but I love love love it and is so worth what I paid. This was purchased through one of my buy/sell/swap groups on Facebook.
- The Upside is another label I adore and was lucky to score this tank off Facebook Marketplace.
- The State of Escape bag was bought from Carousell and is the best mum bag, it fits the kitchen sink and then some. However, this is also the worst thing about it because everyone including hubby then wants me to carry stuff for them… so I end up finding odd dirty socks, half eaten chip packets, receipts etc in my bag while I’m looking for the car key. #mumlife
- Cardigan: Acne “Raya Short”
- Tank: The Upside
- Jeans: Citizens of Humanity “Rocket”
- Sneakers: Golden Goose “Superstar”
- Bag: State of Escape